Since 2017, the Great Lakes Business Network has engaged members in addressing some of the most pressing threats to the Great Lakes, including the Line 5 pipeline, harmful algal blooms in Lake Erie, and climate change. To build on this work, GLBN is committed to ensuring the next iteration of the GLRC centers issues business leaders members care deeply about, while working to restore and protect the Great Lakes. GLBN is coordinating with partners across the region to elevate business voices in support of Great Lakes Restoration, and protect the waters that sustain communities, businesses and our way of life.
Help shape the next Great Lakes Action Plan:
Since 2010, the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative has provided funding to strategically target the biggest threats to the Great Lakes ecosystem and to accelerate progress toward achieving long-term goals. GLRI Action Plan III was published in 2019 to guide restoration and protection through 2024. Action Plan IV will cover 2025 through 2029.
As part of the GLRI Action Plan IV development process, EPA and its partners are seeking public input on the plan, including:
- How the plan can be improved over previous GLRI action plans?
- What key priorities should be included in the plan?
- How can the plan be improved to better incorporate environmental justice and the impacts of climate change?
Business voices are critical to this process. Please consider attending one of the upcoming engagement sessions to provide your input:
- Cleveland, Ohio: Wednesday, June 7, 6-8 p.m.
Great Lakes Science Center
601 Erieside Ave.
- Superior, Wisconsin: Wednesday, July 12, 6-8 p.m.
University of Wisconsin Superior
Belknap and Catlin Ave.
- Rochester, New York: Wednesday, July 19, 6-8 p.m. (tentative)
Rochester Museum and Science Center
657 East Ave.
Contact Lisa for more information: DinonL@GLbusinessnetwork.com